Gallery

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Monopods and portraits...

Another glorious spring day - it's set to continue through the week - and another afternoon shoot at my current preferred location: the Dorset Stour.

Once again I am blessed with the presence of a heron and two egrets, and I quickly set up and start shooting. I say 'quickly', but not as quick as I would like. The monopod that has given good service for the past ten years is beginning to show its age: the individual telescopic tubes are becoming difficult to adjust smoothly, and the locking mechanism for each section has deteriorated due to prolonged use near, and in, the sea. I feel I am beginning to miss shots, and so it will need to be replaced soon (I may as well get a new ball and socket head whilst I'm at it).

I witness the same territorial activities and claims to fishing rights from the two aforementioned birds, but little in the way of feeding images or spectacular flight shots. However, there are a small number of good portrait shots from the session, so all is not lost.

Some days you get 'em, some days you don't.


300mm f/2.8 AF-S VR Nikkor with TC-14EII converter. 1/4000 second at f/6.3.  -1 stop EV compensation. ISO 400


© 2012

No comments: