Gallery

Sunday, March 04, 2012

Rainbow tree...

It rained for most of the night, and well into the morning, but keeping a watchful eye on the UK weather satellite image paid dividends. By 2.30pm the weather front had passed, and I was out chasing the light.

To be honest, butterflies were my intended subjects, but it soon became apparent that it was not going to the best conditions to look for them. Despite the sunshine it was rather cold.

Shortly after arriving at my chosen location it began to rain again; followed by hail stones. Then the skies cleared and the sun came out - went back in again - and it rained some more, followed by hail...

This cycle went on for the best part of the time I stood on the bank of the Dorset Stour, but complain I did not, as it was producing the most beautiful dramatic light. I had been concentrating my efforts on general river scenes - and produced at least one pleasing shot - but it was on my way home that I took today's photograph. I have passed this tree many times, and always knew there was a photograph in there somewhere. Today, I was in the right place at the right time.


24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/400 second at f/11.  - 1 stop EV compensation. ISO 400


© 2012

1 comment:

Nic said...

Hope. :-) P