Gallery

Monday, March 26, 2012

Number 6...

My planned early shoot by the river over the weekend never happened, so I have the alarm clock set for 6am this morning with the intention of putting matters to right. In spite of this (and rolling out of bed twenty minutes later), no amount of effort gets me out of the house until early afternoon. I blame the recent change to British Summertime and the lost hour of sleep, but the fact that I went back to bed at 8am didn't help.

I spend four hours on the Dorset Stour, photographing a Grey Heron and Little Egrets - something of an ongoing project for the foreseeable future. After a couple of test shots to check exposure settings, I settle down and wait. More often than not, the best results of a shoot tend to happen towards the end, so I am mildly surprised this time around to find that the sixth exposure proves to be the best (photo) and is the first shot in a sequence of three.


300mm f/2.8 AF-S VR Nikkor with TC-14EII converter. 1/1600 second at f/5.6.  -0.33 EV compensation. ISO 200. Monopod


© 2012

3 comments:

dusty said...

Love this shot . The water is so crystal clear I can almost hear it .

Nic said...

I agree with Dusty.

Such beauty written in the wind and the water, and you capture it every time. Thank you.

P :-)

Richard Brewer said...

Such beauty written in your words, Pixie. Thank you. :-)