Gallery

Sunday, February 19, 2012

The gloves are back on...


For the next day or so Dorset (at least) will be plunged back into winter with yet another cold snap, but all should be back to normal by Tuesday - at least that's what they tell me. Mind you, the Met Office was bang-on with its weather prediction for where I live, yesterday, so who am I to argue?

They also have it right for today: clear sky and a widespread frost. I'm going to need the gloves again. I decide to keep the dawn shoot fairly local, purely because of the sub-zero temperatures, and the fact that earlier starts are becoming a necessity. These days I can tolerate one or the other, but not both for any length of time. Sunrise today is 7.13am.

At the predicted time the sun pops up over the Isle of Wight - some nine miles distant (image) - and I make a number of photographs to record the event. Unfortunately, there is no cloud in the sky whatsoever, so I crop the final image to a square shape to compensate for the lack of interest in that department.


300mm f/4 AF-S Nikkor. 1/800 second at f/10. + 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400. Monopod.


© 2012

No comments: