Gallery

Friday, February 10, 2012

No such thing...

For the last time this week I walk the same stretch of coastline along Poole bay, Dorset. Five consecutive days in the same area: each day something different.

Of course, I'm not out to replicate the images I shot the previous day, but then I couldn't if I tried. As I hinted in my previous post, even at the same location with the same light, there will always be something to set it aside from what came before.

Today's photograph was taken within a few feet of where I shot yesterday's picture, and almost at the same time of day, yet the difference is striking. Apart from the cloud formation - and the fact that yesterday's photo was converted to monochrome - the sand patterns are more defined, producing pools of water that reflect the sky. Proof, if proof were needed, that there is no such thing as the definitive photograph of a subject.

12-24mm f/4G Nikkor. 1/250 second at f/11. + 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 400

© 2012

No comments: