Gallery

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Nobody home...

For the first time this year I go out without a coat on. Granted, I have a fleece tied around my waist to cover all eventualities, but although there are three weeks to go before the spring equinox it is very mild, weather wise. All that is needed now is for the Met Office to get its act together with the long range forecast (woeful!). I make my final afternoon walk for the time being along the shore of Poole bay, looking for this, that and the other to photograph.

Expect the unexpected, I wrote on Saturday last week (supported by the image on Monday). This is good advice, but what I came across today takes the biscuit: a dead frog on the surf line. There is no fresh water (apart from garden ponds - and the nearest would be several hundred yards away, on the cliff tops) for several miles, so it is something of a mystery as to why such an amphibian should be where it was. I took two shots, but decided against publishing on here.

Today's photograph is of the shell of the blue muscle (Mytilus edulis), although the original occupant had clearly legged it before I got there.


105mm f/2.8D Sigma macro lens. 1/100 at f/11. + 0.67 EV compensation. ISO 400. Monopod


© 2012

No comments: