Gallery

Thursday, February 09, 2012

How many more times...

I've decided to make it a theme for the week: photographs taken during casual strolls along the shore at low tide, Poole bay. For the fourth consecutive day I take my own sweet time walking several miles along the sand, making images of what I find interesting below the surf line.

I have sometimes been asked what is the point of returning to the same location for more photography; surely I have more than enough pictures of such and such? Well, the simple answer is: no. No matter how many times I retrace my steps I always come across something different to shoot that I missed the previous time, or simply because the light is different - never better - just different.

Today is no exception, and I shoot nearly one hundred frames, on this occasion concentrating on the play of winter light on the wet sand of Boscombe beach, Dorset (photo). Despite the desolate feel the mono conversion produces, spring is just around the corner, and daylight hours are increasing noticeably. These days my favourite time of year.


12-24mm f/4G Nikkor. 1/250 second at f/11. + 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 320


© 2012

No comments: