Gallery

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Taking my time...

The cold snap has turned out to be anything but, in my neck of the woods: cold, yes, but not freezing. In fact, it turned out to be such a pleasant day I ventured out again during mid afternoon for some more photography, but at a more relaxed pace.

I say relaxed, as this morning's shoot was very much 'let's get this over with quick', due to the cold. As I've mentioned elsewhere on this blog, the (very) cold is starting to get to me, despite all the appropriate clobber for insulation. Maybe I need to upgrade it all, I don't know.

So, Sandbanks it is. The moment I arrive - it's low tide - I'm faced with dramatic cloud formations and great light and immediately start making photographs. The light continually changes, and I have to work quickly to get what I'm after, and keep a wide angle lens on the camera to capture as much of it as possible.

The image was taken moments before the incoming tide ruined the reflection, as the sun set over Brownsea Island on the horizon.


12-24mm f/4G AF-S Nikkor. 1/320 second at f/13. + 0.67 EV compensation. ISO 400

© 2012

No comments: