Gallery

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Running man (and his dog)...

True to the Met Office's prediction, the cold snap has been replaced with mild weather. At this time of year there is the usual trade off: clear/cold, or cloudy/mild. The latter prevails this afternoon as I set out with my camera, and once again I choose to shoot seascapes. I find this time of year conducive to dramatic images, as the sun is low in the sky and strong winds often produce rough seas.

No sooner than I arrived at the cliff tops at Southbourne, I am presented with dark, broken cloud, pierced by shafts of sunlight that pick out and illuminate various details. This could prove interesting. The beach itself is almost deserted, apart from the occasional dog walker, or runner, as seen here. I time my exposure to coincide with the figure running into the light.

Spring must have arrived: official! On my way home I notice that all three tennis courts in a local park have a match being played. Good news, indeed.


24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S Nikkor. 1/800 second at f/11. + 0.33 EV compensation. ISO 200


© 2012

2 comments:

Nic said...

It is 9pm and I have sat outside in a t-shirt. So mild. Here comes spring. :-) P

Richard Brewer said...

Take it easy, Pixie. We may not be out of the woods yet. ;-)